This title is being sold in the downloadable VitalBook™ format.
The most widely-used text for the interviewing course, Interviewing: Principles and Practices offers comprehensive coverage of a wide range of interviews, as well as the most thorough treatment of the basics of interviewing (including the complex interpersonal communication process, types and uses of questions, and the structuring of interviews from opening to closing). Relevant theory is carefully integrated as a foundation for the practical aspects of interviewing--for both the interviewer and the interviewee. The 12th edition continues to reflect the growing sophistication with which interviewing is being approached, the ever-expanding body of research on all types of interview settings, recent interpersonal communication theory, and the effect of equal opportunity laws on interviewing practices. Students that choose the VitalBook version of this title have access to powerful digital learning tools. Students can share notes with others, customize the appearance and layout of the content, and organize all their digital course materials from a single program. VitalSource is a downloadable eBook. Students can install their eBook on up to two machines. Students can also print sections of the book for maximum portability.
This title will only allow printing of 2 consecutive pages and copying of 2 consecutive pages at a time.
- Online License Type: Expires 365 days after registration
- Downloadable License Type: Perpetual License
Table of Contents
- Front Matter
- CHAPTER 1: An Introduction to Interviewing
- CHAPTER 2: An Interpersonal Communication Process
- CHAPTER 3: Questions and Their Uses
- CHAPTER 4: Structuring the Interview
- CHAPTER 5: The Probing Interview
- CHAPTER 6: The Survey Interview
- CHAPTER 7: The Recruiting Interview
- CHAPTER 8: The Employment Interview
- CHAPTER 9: The Performance Interview
- CHAPTER 10: The Persuasive Interview: The Persuader
- CHAPTER 11: The Persuasive Interview: The Persuadee
- CHAPTER 12: The Counseling Interview
- CHAPTER 13: The Health Care Interview
- Back Matter
- AUTHOR INDEX
- SUBJECT INDEX